Muzeu

No results found ...

You could try to change your filters to find more results.

The historical monument building where the great jurist, historian and academician Dr. Ioan Mihalyi of Apşa lived and created his valuable writings, reveals a double exhibition role. On the  ground floor, an Art Gallery of the Maramureș Museum has been arranged, inside which the works of great artists from Sighetu Marmației are exhibited, as well as works belonging to famous schools, from the country or abroad. An exhibition of local history and culture can be visited on the first floor of the building, as well as the museum-house set up in memory of Dr. Ioan Mihalyi of Apşa, open to the public since 1984. Ioan Mihalyi dedicated himself to researching and collecting medieval documents of Romanians from Maramureș, his efforts being included in the famous work "The History of Maramureș County, volume I, Maramureș Diplomas from the 14th and 15th century". Maintaining an air of antiquity which carries visitors into the past, the memorial house preserves the ambiance of the times when it hosted the meetings of the Association for the Culture of the Romanian People from Maramureş, also serving as headquarters for the "Dragoşiana" Reading Society. Here, one can also visit the library of the Association for the Culture of the Romanian People, as well as impressive collections of memoirs. 
Strada Doctor Ioan Mihalyi de Apșa, Sighetu Marmației 435500, Romania
The Stephen’s Tower, located in the immediate vicinity of the Liberty Square (Piața Libertății), served as the bell tower for the former church dedicated to the "Holy King Stephen", which dates from 1347, but which was officially inaugurated only in 1387. The construction of the massive stone tower was ordered by John Hunyadi (Ioan de Hunedoara), after the victory in Ialomița against the Ottomans. In 1468, more than two decades after the beginning of the works, the tower was completed. Over time, the tower would undergo several stages of restoration and rehabilitation, the last of which restored the building to its current appearance in 2013. The moon clock, which completes the medieval character of the monument that is 50 m high, was installed in 1628, and it also underwent a vast process of rehabilitation. The bell, although cast in a foundry in Arad about five centuries ago, found its place in the tower only in 1925. A total of 165 narrow stairs, some of which made of stone and some of wood, allow access to the steeple at the top of the tower, which reveals an unparalleled view of Baia Mare.
Piața Cetății, Turnului, Baia Mare, Romania