The wooden church "Assumption of the Virgin Mary" of the former "Black Spring" monastery
The wooden church "Assumption of the Virgin Mary" of the former "Black Spring" monastery

The wooden church "Assumption of the Virgin Mary" of the former "Black Spring" monastery

About

Made in 1672 from fir wood on a stone foundation, the church is a small one, with an open porch, a narthex over which rises the tower, nave and altar. From the original painting of the interior walls, but also from the one that replaced it, made in 1871, only fragments are preserved today. The uniqueness of the edifice is given by the shape of the altar, the church being the only one in our county that has a polygonal altar, with six outer sides.

Statut

Monument istoric

Similar Suggestions

The place of worship dedicated to "St. Nicholas" in Berinţa dates from the 18th century and is a walled church that belongs to the typology of the Romanian churches, being composed of three traditional spaces, narthex, nave and altar, along with a small porch specific to the Chioar area. The small turret is covered in shingles and has a small skirt under the ridge of the roof.  *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
Berința 437101, Romania
The Orthodox Church dedicated to "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary" was erected in Baroque-style in 1793, a date that gives the historical monument the status of the oldest place of worship in the city of Baia Sprie. The spacious nave, the semicircular altar and the bell tower with the bulb-shaped coif are some of the elements that make the beautiful church stand out. The interior of the holy edifice surprises through the painting of the vault, which is still partially visible, the vividly ornamented iconostasis and the paintings on the pillars of the holy doors.  *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
Baia Sprie 435100, Romania
Erected between 1813-1817, the walled church dedicated to the "Birth of the Holy Mary" in Vălenii Lăpușului still preserves the Holy Table of the old edifice, on whose place it is thought to have been built. Between 1967 and 1984, the church underwent complex repairs, the walls were plastered and the roof was changed. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș 
Vălenii Lăpușului, Romania
Dating from the 17th century, the wooden church "The Holy Archangels" from Vima Mică has a layout consisting of a polygonal narthex, nave and polygonal altar, while the bell tower has a truncated coif, with a three-arm cross and a crescent moon at the top. The interior painting was restored in 1902 by the painter Ioan Coste, but fragments of an older painting can also be admired here. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
Vima Mică 437380, Romania
The wooden church "The Holy Archangels" from Ungureni, a mid-sized place of worship, dates from the 18th century, being built of ash wood, with a specific layout composed of a narthex, a nave and an altar. On the outside, the edge of the roof is decorated with a twisted rope belt. On the southern, western wall and on the entrance door there are traces of the original painting. Inside, the edifice is completely painted, but the painting is very degraded in the area of ​​the narthex. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Ungureni 437133, Romania
Dated back to 1860, the wooden church "The Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel" from Stoiceni respects the classical layout, composed of porch, narthex, nave and polygonal altar. The roof is covered with galvanized sheet metal and the turret with shingles, while at the level of the bell tower we find a three-step balcony. The interior of the place of worship was painted in 1872. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Stoiceni, Romania
Built in the 18th century, the wooden church "Saint Dumitru" from Răzoare stands out thanks to the wood that covers the building on the outside and the wood paneling that can be found inside, covering the bottom half of the walls. The edifice has a nave-type layout, with a closed porch, narthex, nave and detached rectangular altar, a roof covered in shingles and a bell tower with a truncated coif. The interior walls are painted and adorned with traditional icons and traditional towels. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Răzoare 435610, Romania
With uncertain chronological belonging, which places it either in the 17th or in the 18th century, the wooden church "Pious Paraschiva" was moved from Suciu de Jos to the village of Rogoz, in 1883. The place of worship surprises with the proportions of the shingled turret, its coif being placed on eight truncated cone pillars. Inside, the painting was preserved in the narthex and on the steel-lattice, but it has degraded in the altar. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
273, Rogoz 435611, Romania
Erected between 1809-1819, the wooden church "The Holy Apostles" from Poiana Botizii went through an expansion process in 1920, when a porch was added. The medium-sized shrine, built of oak on a stone foundation, was painted inside in 1906. The roof of the church is covered in shingles, and the tower above the nave consists of a single section covered in planks. *Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Poiana Botizii, Romania