About
Although its tradition dates back to the late 1600s, the wooden church in Someș-Uileac was reconstructed for the third time in 1897, belonging to the Reformed religion. The settlement is small, with a modest bell tower, with a bulbous spire, covered with sheet metal. The walls of the church are whitewashed and have no decorations.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Gabriel Motica
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Gabriel Motica
Statut
Monument istoric
Similar Suggestions
Built in the 18th century, the wooden church "Saint Dumitru" from Răzoare stands out thanks to the wood that covers the building on the outside and the wood paneling that can be found inside, covering the bottom half of the walls. The edifice has a nave-type layout, with a closed porch, narthex, nave and detached rectangular altar, a roof covered in shingles and a bell tower with a truncated coif. The interior walls are painted and adorned with traditional icons and traditional towels.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Răzoare 435610, Romania
With uncertain chronological belonging, which places it either in the 17th or in the 18th century, the wooden church "Pious Paraschiva" was moved from Suciu de Jos to the village of Rogoz, in 1883. The place of worship surprises with the proportions of the shingled turret, its coif being placed on eight truncated cone pillars. Inside, the painting was preserved in the narthex and on the steel-lattice, but it has degraded in the altar.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
273, Rogoz 435611, Romania
Erected between 1809-1819, the wooden church "The Holy Apostles" from Poiana Botizii went through an expansion process in 1920, when a porch was added. The medium-sized shrine, built of oak on a stone foundation, was painted inside in 1906. The roof of the church is covered in shingles, and the tower above the nave consists of a single section covered in planks.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Poiana Botizii, Romania
The wooden church dedicated to the "Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel" from Peteritea dates from the 18th century, and has a floor layout consisting of a porch supported by six pillars, narthex, nave and polygonal altar. The roof is made of shingles, and the coif of the bell tower is octagonal in shape, with a bulb cross at the top. The interior painting was most likely completed in 1900, when the church underwent an extensive restoration process.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Peteritea 437384, Romania
The wooden church "Assumption of the Virgin Mary" from Lăpuş dates back from1697, being built of ash wood on a stone foundation. The edifice was erected on a ship-type layout, with a turret with a conical spire. On the outside, the church has decorations on the walls and on the entrance portal, the predominant motifs being the honeycomb and the cenotaph crosses. Some fragments from the original painting can still be seen on the walls of the narthex and the nave.
Lăpuș 437175, Romania
The elm wood church "The Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel" in Libotin dates from 1671. It was originally erected in Remetea Chioarului, being relocated to Libotin in 1811. The edifice is small, shaped like a ship and has a square bell tower. With the exception of the apsis vault and the narthex ceiling, the interior of the church is entirely painted.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Libotin 437132, Romania
The wooden church "Saint Dumitru" from Larga was erected in 1802, observing a standard layout, composed of narthex, nave and altar. The bell tower, whose coif has pentagonal eaves, rises above the four-sided roof. Inside there are fragments of the painting made by the painter Gheorghe Opriș.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
Larga, Romania
The wooden church "The Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel" from Jugăstreni was erected between 1846-1866, and the well-known carpenter Horța contributed to its construction. The layout of this place of worship is the standard one, with a porch, narthex, nave and polygonal altar, while the roof is covered in sheet metal. Above it rises the bell tower with the octagonal coif. The painting made in 1866 inside the church has been preserved.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș, Florin Pop
Jugăstreni 437383, Romania
The wooden church "St. John the Evangelist" dates from 1803 and was built of oak wood, being originally located in the village of Fântânele, and later relocated to the village of Izvoarele, in 1926. Provided with a porch, narthex, nave and altar, the edifice has a roof made of beech shingles and a bell tower whose coif has an iron crescent moon cross on top. The interior walls were painted in 1998.
*Photo credit: CJCPCT „Liviu Borlan” Maramureș
Izvoarele, Romania